- Greenfield, B. K. and R. M. Allen. Polychlorinated biphenyl spatial patterns in San Francisco Bay forage fish. Chemosphere 2013, 90:1693-1703.
- Greenfield, B. K., A. R. Melwani, R. M. Allen, D. G. Slotton, S. M. Ayers, K. H. Harrold, K. Ridolfi, A. Jahn, J. L. Grenier, and M. B. Sandheinrich. Seasonal and annual trends in forage fish mercury concentrations, San Francisco Bay. Science of the Total Environment 2013, 444:591-601.
- Buckley, H.L., Beck, A.R., Mulvihill, M.J., Douskey, M.C. “Fitting It All In: Adapting a Green Chemistry Extraction Experiment for Inclusion in an Undergraduate Analytical Laboratory”. Journal of Chemical Education, 2013, http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ed300510s.
- Clark Miller, Alastair Iles, and Christopher Jones. “The Social Dimensions of Energy Transitions ”. Science as Culture. 2013, 22(3), in press.
- Alastair Iles. “Choosing our mobile future: The degrees of just sustainability in technological alternatives”. Science as Culture. 2013, 22(3), in press.
- Davis, J. A., R. E. Looker, D. Yee, M. Marvin-Dipasquale, J. L. Grenier, C. M. Austin, L. J. McKee, B. K. Greenfield, R. Brodberg, and J. D. Blum. Reducing methylmercury accumulation in the food webs of San Francisco Bay and its local watershed. Environmental Research 2012, 119:3-26.
- Driscoll, C. T., C. Y. Chen, C. R. Hammerschmidt, R. P. Mason, C. C. Gilmour, E. M. Sunderland, B. K. Greenfield, K. L. Buckman, and C. H. Lamborg. Nutrient supply and mercury dynamics in marine ecosystems: a conceptual model. Environmental Research 2012, 119:118-131.
- Rozenel, S.S.; Arnold, J. “A bimetallic ruthenium complex acts as a platform to support proposed intermediates in dinitrogen reduction to ammonia.” Inorg. Chem. 2012, 51, 9730-9739.
- Ward, A.L.; Elbaz, L.; Kerr, J.B.; Arnold, J. “Non-precious metal catalysts for fuel cell applications: electrochemical dioxygen activation by first row transition metal polypyridyl complexes” Inorg. Chem. 2012, 51, 4694–4706.
- Linke, B. and Dornfeld, D., “Can Axiomatic Design Principles be helpful in Assessing Strategies for Sustainable Grinding?,” Trans. North American Manufacturing Research Institute, 2012, 40.
- Wright, P., Dornfeld, D., Wang, Z., Chen, A., Juang, R., and Evans, J., “Printed energy storage: From prototyping to large-scale manufacturing,” Trans. North American Manufacturing Research Institute, 2012, 40.
- Duflou, J., Sutherland, J., Dornfeld, D., Herrmann, C., Jeswiet, J., Kara, S., Hauschild, and Kellens, K., “Towards Energy and Resource Efficient Manufacturing: A Processes and Systems Approach,” CIRP Annals, 61, 2, 2012, pp. 587–609.
- Yuan, C., Zhai, Q, Dornfeld, D. “A Three Dimensional System Approach for Environmentally Sustainable Manufacturing”, CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, 61(1), 2012, pp. 39-42.
- Helu, M., Behmann, B., Meier, H., Dornfeld, D., Lanza, G., and Schulze, V., “Impact of green machining strategies on achieved surface quality,” CIRP Annals, 61, 1, 2012, pp. 55-58.
- Fromowitz M, Shuga J, Wlassowsky AY, Ji Z, North M, Vulpe CD, Smith MT, Zhang "Bone marrow genotoxicity of 2,5-dimethylfuran, a green biofuel candidate." .Environ Mol Mutagen. 2012 Jul;53(6):488-91. doi: 10.1002/em.21707. Epub 2012 Jun 25.
- Phuong J, Kim S, Thomas R, Zhang L. "Predicted toxicity of the biofuel candidate 2,5-dimethylfuran in environmental and biological systems."Environ Mol Mutagen. 2012 Jul;53(6):478-87. doi: 10.1002/em.21702. Epub 2012 Jun 25.
- Sergeev, A.G.; Webb, J.D.; Hartwig, J.F. “A Heterogeneous Nickel Catalyst for the Hydrogenolysis of Aryl Ethers without Arene Hydrogenation” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 20226–20229.
- Simmons, E.M.; Hartwig, J.F. “Catalytic functionalization of unactivated primary C–H bonds directed by an alcohol” Nature 2012, 483, 70–73.
- Alastair Iles and Martin Mulvihill. “Collaboration Across Disciplines for Sustainability: Green Chemistry as an Emerging Multi-stakeholder Community”. Environmental Science and Technology 2012, 46(11): 5643–5649.
- Laura Hall, Alastair Iles, and Rachel Morello-Frosch. “Litigating toxic risks ahead of regulation: biomonitoring science in the courtroom”. Stanford Environmental Law Journal 2012, 3-47.
- Alastair Iles and Abigail Martin. “Expanding bioplastics production: sustainable business innovation in the chemical industry.” Journal of Cleaner Production. 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2012.05.008.
- Alastair Iles, Greening chemistry: emerging epistemic political tensions in California and the United States , Public Understanding of Science, 2011, DOI: 10.1177/0963662511404306
- Schwarzman MR, and Wilson MP Reshaping Chemicals Policy on Two Sides of the Atlantic: The Promise of Improved Sustainability through International Collaboration. In Transatlantic Regulatory Cooperation: The Shifting Roles of the EU, the US and California. Vogel D. and Swinnen JFM eds. Edward Elgar Publishing Inc. Northampton, MA, 2011.
- Marty Mulvihill, Evan Beach, Julie Zimmerman and Paul Anastas, Green Chemistry and Green Engineering: A Framework for Sustainable Technology Development, Annual Review of Environment and Resources, 2011, DOI: 10.1146/annurev-environ-032009-09550
- Marty Mulvihill, et al. Influence of Size, Shape, and Surface Coating on the Stability of Aqueous Suspensions of CdSe Nanoparticles, Chemistry of Materials, 2010, 22, 5251.
- Jason Nichols, Lee Bishop, Robert Bergman, and Jonathan Ellman, Catalytic C-O Bond Cleavage of 2-Aryloxy-1-arylethanols and its Application to the Depolymerization of Lignin Related Polymers, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2010, 132, 12554.
- Elena Arceo, Jonathan Ellman, and Robert Bergman, Rhenium-Catalyzed Didehydroxylation of Vicinal Diols to Alkenes Using a Simple Alcohol as a Reducing Agent, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2010, 132, 11408.
- Elena Arceo, Jonathan Ellman, and Robert Bergman, A Direct Biomass-Based Synthesis of Benzoic Acid: Formic Acid-Mediated Deoxygenation of the Glucose-Derived Materials Quinic Acid and Shikimic Acid ChemSusChem. 2010, 3, 811.
- Marty Mulvihill, Xing Yi Ling, Joel Henzie, and Peidong Yang, Anisotropic Etching of Silver Nanoparticles for Plasmonic Structures Capable of Single-Particle SERS, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2010, 132, 268.
- Michael Wilson, Green Chemistry and Workers, New Solutions, 2009, 239.
- Megan Schwarzman and Michael Wilson, Toward a New U.S. Chemicals Policy: Rebuilding the Foundation to Advance New Science, Green Chemistry, and Environmental Health, Environmental Health Perspectives, 2009, A358.
- Michael Wilson and Meg Schwarzman, Toward a New U.S. Chemicals Policy: Rebuilding the Foundation to Advance New Science, Green Chemistry, and Environmental Health, Environmental Health Perspectives, 2009, 117, 1202.
- Meg Schwarzman and Michael Wilson, New Science for Chemicals Policy, Science, 2009, 326, 1065.
- Elena Arceo, Peter Marsden, Robert Bergman, and Jonathan Ellman, An Efficient Didehydroxylation Method for the Biomass-Derived Polyols Glycerol and Erythritol. Mechanistic Studies of a Formic Acid-Mediated Deoxygenation Chemical Communications 2009, 23, 3357.
- Mulvihill, M.; Habas, S.E.; Jen-La Plante, I.; Wan, J. and Mokari, T., “Influence of Size, Shape, and Surface Coating on the Stability of Aqueous Suspensions of CdSe Nanoparticles.” Chemistry of Materials, 2010, DOI: 10.1021/cm101262s
- Megan Schwarzman and Michael Wilson, Potential Toxicity of Synthetic Chemicals, Am Fam Physician. 2008 Sep 1;78(5):565-566.
- Alastair Iles, Identifying environmental health risks in consumer products: non-governmental organizations and civic epistemologies, Public Understanding of Science DOI: 10.1177/0963662505059442 Public Understanding of Science October 2007 vol. 16 no. 4 371-391
- Alastair Iles, Shifting to green chemistry: the needs for innovations, Business Strategy and the Environment, 2006, DOI: 10.1002/bse.547.